Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday Cooking!

On the weekends I LOVE to cook!  I pretty much always make a huge pot of vegetable soup (0 PP) so I've got it on hand for the week.  The veggies vary but typically I start with a few cans of diced tomatos, chicken stock, water and a big bunch of broccoli rabe and add whatever else I have in the fridge.  Yesterday it was broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash, shreaded cabbage and zucchini.  I eat at least one bowl a day it's that good!  Here's the finished product!





After the soup making my daughter and I played some board games and dress up!  We were headed to a 40th birthday party and needed to bring an appetizer.  We decided on Buffalo Chicken Dip.  I had previously found a lighter version on a blog I follow... http://www.skinnytaste.com/ The author Gina is an excellent cook and I have loved everything I've made from her site.  Here's the recipe :

Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip


StumbleUpon


All the flavor of buffalo wings without messy hands! Perfect for your Superbowl Party. I lightened this using low fat and fat free ingredients. Adjust the heat to your liking and serve this with celery, chips or crackers.



Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
Gina's Weight Watcher RecipesServings: 9 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 107.9 • Fat: 4.9 g • Carbs: 5.4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 10.3 g
  • 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream
  • 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1 tsp white wine vinegar
  • 2 cups (2 breasts) cooked shredded chicken
Mix the first 5 ingredients together until smooth. Add the chicken and put this in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours. Serve warm. Makes 5 1/2 cups

And here's a pic of my daugher making it!  The wing sauce on it made her plug her nose and obviously she's still in dress up mode!


I brought baked tortilla chips, celery and endive to dip in it and pre calculated everything so I knew how much I could have and stay within points.  I was glad to see there were other healthy options, a veggie platter and hummus.  I stayed away from the chicken fingers, mac n cheese and meatballs in gravy!  Yay me!  I did however splurge on a small slice of almond cake with a delicious sugary frosting!  It was worth every point!

No comments:

Post a Comment