Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday - Weigh In Day!

So my weigh in day is Thursdays so typically on Wednesday nights (one of my kidless nights) I stay in.  This Wednesday I didn't.  I had been home all week and was going a little stir crazy!  I was going to meet up with one of my friends but she cancelled after I'd already left the house.  I really didn't want to stay home so I went anyway!  It was kareoke night, yuck!  Clothes wise I was wearing ripped jeans rolled up a few times, boots, a tank, a cute grey cardigan and a scarf.  Nothing fancy, pretty casual. 

Enter man 1 : Older gentleman, I'd say late 50s early 60s.  I'm sipping my beer, he is mayyybe 3 inches from my face staring intently.  Me : "Why are you staring at me?"  Him: "I think you're very pretty"  and so the conversation goes on name, what do you do etc.  I was doing my very best to be polite but the guy was creeping me out.  He asks me to dance (Note: NO ONE is dancing).  I say no, he says "FINE, I guess we just aren't connecting!!!!" and storms off. 

Enter man 2 :  A guy I used to date and his boss.  He goes to introduce us and totally f's up my name.  I've known the guy for years and he NEVER knew how to pronounce my name!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Enter man 3 : "Hello, will you dance with me?"  Me "No thank you".  He turns and walks off.

Bartender : "Holy crap you're alone!  Every time I come over to talk to you there's a different man chatting you up.  I was trying to find some time to talk to you!"

Enter men 4, 5 and 6 :  A group of friends trying to get me to sing kareoke with me.  Young, cute things.  They would be trouble!

Enter man 7 : The guy I used to dates BOSS!  He sits down and asks if I mind the company.  We chat for alot of the night, I convince him to sing kareoke.  He tells me he has every piece of laundry he owns ironed.  Shirts, jeans, underwear and even his socks!  Totally weird!  He fails my test by not offering buying me a beer.  That's a big negative in my book.  At the end of the night I do give him my number.  We'll see if I go out with him again. 

During the course of the evening I also got a facebook message from an old classmate asking me out.  He was always a fun guy and we're both still single so what the heck.  We have plans tomorrow night. 

Needless to say I was pretty much on cloud 9 this AM.  After all the male attention I was even more stoked about my Weight Watchers journey!  It's really working!!!!!!!!  Woo hoo!  I weighed in... down another 1.6 to bring my total to 9lbs.  Yay me!  So 3 weeks in, 9 lbs down.  If I could keep a 10 lb per month pace I think in a few months I'll be feeling pretty spectacular!  Hope you're all doing well with your losses too!

No comments:

Post a Comment