Monday, February 21, 2011

Can't say I didn't try....

This post is a little delayed but I wanted to share anyway...
Being single I'm always open to new ways to expand my social circle.  Valentine's Day events were all around so I decided to take the plunge!  A single parent group I've been meaning to check out was having a "Find Your Valentine" party the Saturday prior to the big day.  It promised singles, music and dancing.  Being on WW I was loving that I could have my wine then dance it away!  The party was a bit of a drive but it was thru the country so it was lovely.  I arrived at the restaurant, a large cozy house style place.  I payed the $15 entry and headed up to the party.  I walked into a room that was decorated great!  Lot's of red and pink, hearts and a man dressed up like cupid!  Then I scanned the room.... Of the 50 people there about 5 were under the age of 50.  WHAT!?  This was a single PARENT group not a single GRANDPARENT group!!!  Grrrrr!  I grabbed a glass of wine and headed toward the only younger female in the room.  She was super sweet and we were quickly joined by the third and final young female at the event.  We had fun dancing but still, no Valentine to be found!  By the time the party really got going there were about 100 people, about 85 of which were over 50.  The cougars were in full force and the two younger men that were there were contstantly surrounded!  It was pretty humerous!  All in all it was a fun night of wine and dancing but alas, Valentine-less!  I spent the actual day cleaning my closet!  VERY productive!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine being single now - I probably wouldn't even try. But of course I'm guessing I'm about 15-20 years older than you. Not QUITE a cougar yet, but close.

    ReplyDelete