Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Easy Stove Top Applesauce

I've been pretty hooked on making this delish applesauce.  I eat it plain, either cold or hot, or add it to oatmeal (my fav).  There's a bit of a debate about pointage as the WW website says a cooked apple has points while a raw apple doesn't.  I used their message boards to get an idea of what other people think.  One smarty said if I made the applesauce myself and KNOW I didn't add anything with points then it should be 0 because you can buy jarred applesauce (no sugar added) and it's 0 points.  So I count it as 0.  Here's the skinny on making it....

Ingredients :
1 bag of apples
fresh or frozen whole cranberries (check the organic section of your grocery store)
1/4 TSP Baking Soda (to cut the tartness of the cranberries)
Cinnamon (to taste)
Truvia or Splenda
2-3 cups Water



Dice up the apples (I like mine chunky) and add them and all the other ingredients to a large pot.  Start with 2 cups of water, you can always add more if need be. 


Cook for 20-30 minutes or until it's the consistency you like.  I put it in the fridge and use it throughout the week.  It's sooooo super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment