Thursday, February 3, 2011

Me VS the Mandolin

The other day I came across an old Crate and Barrell gift certificate, and by old I mean it was a wedding gift.  I've been divorced for oh I don't know... 7 yrs now so you get the idea when I say OLD I'm not exaggerating!  In fact it's so old that it's paper which is why I didn't use it for a long time.  We didn't have a store and I didn't know how to go about redeeming it.  But I tacked it and ended up getting it in the mail today... a set of reusable produce bags, a 4 cup measuing cup with a scale built in and my fav.... a mandolin!  I've wanted it forever so was super psyched to try it.  I happily sliced a few zucchinis then decided to get started on the salad fixins.  So there I am slicing away at some celery when zip, off goes my finger tip right into the salad!!  We aren't talking a tiny bit, we're talking a big chunk.  OUCH!  It's still my fav but I'll def be more careful when I use it!    Here's me... the injured!

1 comment:

  1. *cringe* I can't tell you how many times I've sliced a finger or even a fingernail with that dang contraption. Happy healing!

    ReplyDelete